The Production Associate works toward achievement of manufacturing goals focusing on the areas of safety, quality, production and efficiency. Set up of product mixes for multiple lines. Responsible for operating winders, reprocessing machine, slitter lines, packaging finished goods, making quality checks and handling scrap product. The Associate is responsible for assisting with scrap reduction, housekeeping, maintaining quality standards and process targets.
The regularly assigned duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Follow all Company policies.
· Adhere to attendance guidelines.
· Read production information (i.e. travelers, recipes, and schedule) and safely and efficiently set up of all orders within specifications.
· Troubleshoot and correct all assigned equipment and products.
· Ensuring a quality product through regular quality checks by reading and verifying line orders, specification sheets.
· Proper packaging of finished goods including correct usage of labels, pallet patterns and date code stamps, etc.
· If product is out of specification, correct the problem and notify team lead or supervisor if unable to resolve problem in a timely manner.
· Leave adequate packaging and supplies for incoming team.
· Meet plant and department housekeeping standards.
· Assists in relieving team members for breaks and lunches as required.
· Must be able to perform repetitive motions in a fast paced environment.
· Development of skills for self and of other team members.
· Ability and willingness to work in a team environment.
· Other duties as required.
· Must have good communication skills.
· Must have good organizational and housekeeping skills.
· Able to handle multiple tasks.
· Must be able to run multiple lines while ensuring high standards of quality, efficiency and output.
· Must be willing to contribute on project teams, i.e. ISO improvement teams
· Must follow all safety rules and recognize and report unsafe working conditions.
· Must be able to lift 50 lbs., climb stairs and remain in a standing position for extended periods.
· Must be able to read, write and possess basic math skills.