Part-time and / or full-time opportunities available
Wild Birds Unlimited is looking for part-time and full-time Sales Associates to join our team as we bring a new shopping experience to Belleville. Wild Birds Unlimited Belleville is a locally owned nature shop dedicated to the joy of bird feeding. We sell wild bird food, bird feeding and watching accessories, as well as nature gifts. Our team will become experts in the hobby of backyard bird feeding and will help us fulfill our mission of bringing people and nature together!
- Delivering a high energy sales experience: Wild Birds Unlimited is known for its unparalleled in-store experience. As a Sales Associate you’ll be responsible for delivering excellent sales advice and topnotch service. This requires actively greeting customers, meeting their needs, and helping bring their purchases to their car. Friendly, positive energy is needed every day, for every visitor, and it’s how you’ll deliver strong sales results.
- Becoming a Certified Bird Feeding Specialist: Our customers come to us for the quality of our products, the excellent service, and the expert advice. We provide a comprehensive training program which will give you the skills to be an expert in the hobby of bird feeding and teach you how to confidently sell. Completing the program and providing expert advice to help our customers better enjoy the hobby is critical.
- Creating a beautiful welcoming space: Our store offers a warm, welcoming environment. Each team member plays a role in ensuring that the store is clean and that the products are beautifully displayed and well stocked. You will play an important role in attractively merchandising the store and ensuring a clean, welcoming space.
- Being an enthusiastic team member: We work best as a team of dependable, friendly people. Attendance at team meetings, punctuality, and careful attention to detail related to cash management, store and personnel security, and general administrative tasks is very important. By working together, you’ll help establish a positive, fun, and respectful work environment.
- Acting as an ambassador in the community: Being actively involved in the community will contribute to our success and impact. Organizing or participating in in-store, community, or online events is an important way for you to help us create and grow our presence.
Attitude, enthusiasm, and a commitment to helping build a successful business which positively contributes to the local environment are your most important characteristics! That having been said, if you’ve already worked in retail, or have a strong background in birds and the environment, that would be an asset. Please put your best foot forward and let us know how you can help us bring people and nature together and do it with excellence!
Here are some important details about joining our team:
Hours of operation: Monday – Saturday 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and Sunday 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Remuneration: $17.00 – $19.00 depending upon experience, education, and profile
Additional benefits: As you grow with the team, we will offer additional benefits such as health benefits, performance bonuses, and more
Intensive on-the-job training: We offer extensive on the job training through the Certified Bird Feeding Specialist program which will guide you to becoming an expert in backyard bird feeding, increase your knowledge of birds and naturalizing your yard, and develop selling and customer service skills
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating a positive welcoming space for all. We encourage everyone to apply as we strive to create a team reflective of the diversity in our community!