Welch LLP is a leading full-service public accounting firm with a rich and tenured history. Established in Ottawa 100 years ago, Welch has evolved from a single office to become the largest locally-owned and operated firm in the region, with 12 offices and over 200 people across Ontario and Western Quebec. Welch LLP ranks as the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada.
This growth didn’t come by accident, nor should it come as a surprise… with a full suite of professional services, ranging from traditional assurance to expert business advisory, our clients respect and value the firm’s expertise and commitment to exceptional service. Welch’s clientele is as varied as the economic landscape, ranging from start-ups to large, multi-divisional privately-held companies, not-for-profit organizations and public sector entities.
Welch LLP is currently looking for an Administrative Assistant (temporary) for our Belleville office to assist with our busy “tax season”. Belleville is part of the Welch LLP – Quinte Region Practice. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with great people and great clients, in an environment that values and fosters respect, personal and professional development, and a healthy work-life balance.
As a Temporary Administrative Assistant within the Belleville office, you will take a hands-on role in all aspects of administration. You will work closely will all members of the team including senior staff accountants and the partner and external clients. You will deliver outstanding customer service and provide an experience that delights our customers. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes their professional and personal development.
- Assist as needed with Reception – The Receptionist is the first point of contact for our clients.
- Greeting clients at the main desk or over the phone and answering questions
- Assist as needed with handling daily mail and couriers;
- Assist as needed with processing client payments of cash, cheque or POS; faxing; filing; updating and maintaining details tracking lists;
- Accurately and timely responses to partner, staff and outside requests;
- Assisting the typist as required; arranging lunches;
- Assist with Processing T1’s (personal tax returns)and other government filings; etc.
- Other tasks and procedures as required on an ongoing basis
- Experience delivering outstanding service as a receptionist and representing the Firm as the first point of contact with clients
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates a strong customer service focus
- Demonstrates organization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to follow directions, instructions/procedures efficiently and accurately
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Demonstrates strong teaming skills and experience reporting to multiple people
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work with numbers; demonstrates accuracy
- Some accounting or bookkeeping experience would be an asset
- Ability to work overtime during tax busy season
If you are interested in this temporary opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume, to email@example.com with subject line “Temporary Administrative Assistant”
Welch LLP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit the Welch LLP website to learn more about the firm: www.welchllp.com
Welch LLP is an independent member of BKR International, a global association of professional accounting firms: www.bkr.com