As Eastern Ontario’s leading regional accounting firm, we serve a broad range of industries and not-for-profit organizations providing our staff with extensive experience as well as interesting and challenging work.
Who We Are:
We offer a small firm feel with the opportunity for work-life balance yet our staff, resources, and technical knowledge could rival any national firm. Wilkinson & Company LLP continues to grow and prosper; we are leaders in our field and committed to service excellence. We work as a team, for the firm, our clients, and for each other. At Wilkinson & Company LLP you will be given every opportunity to reach your full potential and enjoy a rewarding and prosperous career.
We have an immediate opening in our Belleville office for an experienced bookkeeper to join our team.
Bookkeeping is the backbone of all accounting. Accurate and complete daily and monthly recordings of all business transactions is essential for the preparation of all accounting reports. In this role you will be responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping duties for our clients who are small to medium size businesses across multiple industries.
Our bookkeeping services include the following:
- Transaction services and preparation of client internal financial statements
- Preparation of T4 and T5 slips
- Accounting software support and training
Education: College Diploma/University degree with an accounting focus
Bookkeeping knowledge/experience including:
- Knowledge of employment standards and other payroll related legislation
- Experience with calculating and filing government remittances for HST, payroll source deductions, EHT, and WSIB
- Preparation of T4’s and T5’s
Computer skills including:
- Working knowledge of Sage 50 and/or Quickbooks
- Working knowledge of MS Suite specifically Outlook, Excel and Word
- Driver’s Licence, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend client sites as required, as well as ability to
meet vehicle/insurance requirements
- Professional and reliable
- Superb organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and with a diverse client group
- Ability to work with confidential information
- Ability to work overtime to meet client demand as well as during high volume tax season
We are currently identified as an essential service and as such our offices are operating. We are practicing all required physical distancing and office cleaning measures as necessary to ensure the health and safety of our staff and clients. Should applicants have any questions or concerns regarding this please advise us in the recruitment stage.
In order to meet our social/physical distancing requirements interviews will be conducted via phone or through virtual programs such as Zoom. Applicants will also be required to meet the requirements of our COVID-19 questionnaire prior to an offer/start date.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Wilkinson and Company LLP however, only those who meet the qualifications for our position will be contacted.
Accommodations will be provided to applicants to enable equitable participation in the recruitment process.