Are you looking for your next adventure?
Interested in a position that has a real impact on your community?
Habitat for Humanity Prince Edward-Hastings needs you!
Habitat for Humanity Prince Edward-Hastings was formed 25 years ago with the goal of helping hard-working families escape poverty and achieve the dream of home ownership. We believe that everyone deserves a safe and decent place to live, and our retail operations are driven by that vision.
We are looking for professional retail / warehousing staff to help us take our Belleville ReStore to the next level and help us chart a path for the future growth of our organization. Revenues from our ReStore help fund our organization’s charitable work in the communities we serve; with the current housing crisis throughout Hastings and Prince Edward Counties, the need for our efforts has never been greater.
If you are passionate about what you do, and want your efforts to have purpose, then we want to hear from you.
Title: Warehouse Associate Manager, Prince Edward-Hastings ReStore
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 / hour to start, depending on experience
The Warehouse Associate Manager (WAM) is responsible for all logistical aspects of materials and items donated to and sold by the Belleville ReStore. The WAM is also responsible for establishing proper evaluation and acceptance protocols for materials donated by corporate and business partners and the public. materials and minimizing waste processing by the ReStore. The WAM also manages the waste diversion efforts of the entire organization (including the Affiliate Office), with a goal of managing waste and recycling processing in a zero-net-cost or revenue-generating manner. In conjunction with the ReStore Associate Manager (RAM), the WAM is responsible for building relationships with businesses and other organizations throughout the communities we serve, with a goal of generating donations or acquiring salvage opportunities to ensure a consistent stream of high-quality furniture, appliances, fixtures, home décor, and home building, repair, and renovation tools and materials for sale in the ReStore.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working with the RAM and Executive Director:
• You will help chart the future growth of revenue within our retail operations by helping determine the inventory mix, policies, procedures, and inventory management and control systems of the ReStore.
• You will help identify, establish, and support potential additional revenue streams for the organization.
• You will oversee the day-to-day operations of our warehouse, recycling, and pickup and delivery operations.
• You will help systemize all aspects of warehouse operations in preparation for future expansion to additional locations
Warehouse and Logistics:
• You will ensure Warehouse and Pickup/Delivery Services are adequately staffed by paid employees and volunteers to meet the needs of the ReStore
• You will ensure staff and volunteers are working in a safe environment and enforces all Occupational Health and Safety rules and regulations
• You will administer the inventory management and control operations of the ReStore and determine pricing policies in conjunction with the RAM.
Inventory and Product Management:
• Working with the RAM and Executive Director, you will determine the market demand for new/surplus and gently used furniture, appliances, fixtures, home décor, and home building, repair, and renovation tools and materials based on targeted demographics and customer profiles.
• You will oversee the procurement strategy and implement and manage processes for the acquisition of donations from corporate partners and the public.
• You will maintain an accurate database of donors and in-kind donations for the purposes of issuing tax receipts and for future marketing and communications efforts by the organization.
• You will ensure that all materials donated are of resale quality and that each item is checked for visual defects and tested for electrical/mechanical defects (as required)
• You will ensure all donated materials are properly cleaned and prepared for resale.
• You will select, train, and manage warehouse staff and volunteers, monitor their performance, and provide coaching and support as required.
• You will conduct performance evaluations on warehousestaff (3 month, 6 month and annually).
• You will conduct coaching sessions for warehouse staff and volunteers.
• You will establish and maintain proper loss control processes and minimize opportunities for theft from the organization.
• You will manage recycling operations and reviews to ensure we are maximizing revenues and minimizing costs.
• You will attend weekly management meetings and other meetings as required.
• You will oversee the maintenance, certification, and safety of any vehicles or transportation assets of the organization
• You will ensure all vehicles receive regular servicing
• You will ensure fuel costs are monitored
• You will establish and maintain pickup and delivery schedules
• You will establish and maintain delivery costs based on location
• You will establish and maintain a travel log system that utilizes our online fleet management system
• You have first-hand knowledge of and experience in retail and warehouse environments.
• You have a firm understanding of inventory management &control and loss control systems and programs
• You have a demonstrated ability to organize, schedule, assign, evaluate, and coach staff and volunteers.
• You are a team player and can achieve your operational goals with minimum supervision.
• You understand inventory and logistical analysis and can prepare and provide operating and variance analysis reportsas required.
• You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to ensure effective communication with customers, volunteers, staff, and potential donors
• You have excellent computer skills, are experienced using the Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and can use other web-based database and customer/client/donor tracking applications.
• Post–secondary education, with a preference to those who have completed programs with retail or warehouse competency components
• Individuals with equivalent work experience in warehousing, logistics, inventory management and control will also be considered
• Must have at least three years of heavy vehicle operation(written proof required)
• Regular lifting of items up to 60lbs.
• Physical effort of managing inventory within a warehouse
• Mental and physical efforts associated with driving and performing pickups and deliveries
• Mental efforts required to adequately concentrate to complete administrative and reporting work required.
• Most time will be spent in a climate-controlled warehouse environment
• May occasionally be called on to assist with retail staff and customers
• Up to 30% of working time may be spent performing pickups and deliveries, or meeting with potential donors of materials or other gifts-in-kind
• Some evening and weekend work required
• Ability to work the occasional Saturday as required
• Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s licence.
• Access to a vehicle.
• Criminal background check is required