Division: Forest Products
Manager: Jessica Rutledge, Sawmill Manager Reviewed: September 2022
Neuman Forest Products is an operating division of Haliburton Forest & Wild Life Reserve
(Haliburton Forest Products). Neuman Forest Products operates a hardwood sawmill in Palmer Rapids,
Haliburton Forest is a diverse company with two divisions and many businesses. It is an outdoor
lover’s paradise and a wood lover’s dream. It is a research facility and an education centre.
Haliburton Forest is 100,000 acres, 100 lakes, and millions of trees, and it is home to countless
creatures. Above all, and always, it is a sustainably managed forest.
We provide year-round employment to 150 people and work closely with 30 independent contractors.
With a skilled management team and a tight operational focus, our business strategy is to be
environmentally sustainable, socially responsible, and economically viable in everything that we
Reporting to the Manager the Sawmill Employee will be primarily responsible for sorting and
stacking lumber as is goes through the mill as well as helping ready lumber for shipping.
• Sorting and stacking lumber
• Ensuring lumber is stacked based on grades assigned by the Grader
• Always keep a clean and safe workspace
• Performs all tasks in accordance with established safe work practices and standards, operating
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous experience in a sawmill environment would be considered an asset
• Ability to work in a physical product type environment
• Enjoys working outdoors for all four seasons
• Ability to embrace hands on solutions to complex challenges
• Positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Self-motivated with strong organizational skills
• Flexibility to work overtime as required
• Competitive wages
• Permanent full time
• 42.5-hour work-week Monday – Friday, possibly changing to 4 x 10’s in the near future
• Three weeks paid vacation
• Benefits after three months
• Recreational access to the 100,000 acres of private land owned and managed by Haliburton Forest
& Wild Life Reserve.
This position does not directly or indirectly supervise staff.
This position does not have financial management responsibilities.
This position may require limited travel within the region.
Please sign below to acknowledge you have received a copy of this job description, you understand
the responsibilities outlined within, and understand that this description is subject to revision
as business conditions dictate.
Apply in person at 6421 Palmer Rd, Palmer Rapids OR
By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org