Are you looking for your next adventure?
Interested in a position that has a real impact on your community?
Habitat for Humanity Prince Edward-Hastings needs you!
Habitat for Humanity Prince Edward-Hastings was formed 25 years ago with the goal of helping hard-working families escape poverty and achieve the dream of home ownership. We believe that everyone deserves a safe and decent place to live, and our retail operations are driven by that vision.
We are looking for professional retail / warehousing staff to help us take our Belleville ReStore to the next level and help us chart a path for the future growth of our organization. Revenues from our ReStore help fund our organization’s charitable work in the communities we serve; with the current housing crisis throughout Hastings and Prince Edward Counties, the need for our efforts has never been greater.
If you are passionate about what you do, and want your efforts to have purpose, then we want to hear from you.
Title: ReStore Associate Manager, Prince Edward-Hastings ReStore
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 / hour to start, depending on experience
The ReStore Associate Manager (RAM) is responsible for all customer-facing and retail operations of the Belleville ReStore. The RAM’s goal is to create the best possible customer experience while maximizing potential sales to customers entering the store. The RAM manages the customer-facing retail team and is also responsible for overseeing the maintenance of our entire site (including the Affiliate Office). The RAM is also responsible for all branding, merchandising, and marketing efforts of the ReStore, including using our social media channels to engage customers, donors, and the public. In conjunction with the Warehouse Associate Manager (WAM), the RAM is responsible for building relationships with businesses and other organizations throughout the communities we serve, with a goal of generating donations or acquiring salvage opportunities to ensure a consistent stream of high-quality furniture, appliances, fixtures, home décor, and home building, repair, and renovation tools and materials for sale in the ReStore.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Working with the WAM and Executive Director:
• You will help chart the future growth of revenue within our retail operations by helping determine the inventory mix, policies, procedures, and inventory management and control systems of the ReStore.
• You will help identify, establish, and support potential additional revenue streams for the organization.
• You will oversee the day-to-day operations of the public-facing aspects of our ReStore operation.
• You will help systemize all aspects of retail operations in preparation for future expansion to additional locations.
• You will ensure proper staffing levels and hours/days of operation to maximize the net revenue generated by the ReStore for the organization.
• You will ensure proper setup, functioning, and maintenance of POS systems and establish training protocols for Retail Associates.
• You will ensure staff and volunteers are working in a safe environment and enforce all Occupational Health and Safety rules and regulations as they apply to the ReStore retail environment.
• You will ensure all customers are always shopping in a safe environment.
• You will establish, implement, and maintain all loss control and security & surveillance systems to minimize opportunities for employee or customer theft of cash / merchandise
• You will develop and implement pricing policies for donated items in conjunction with the WAM.
• You will select, train, and manage ReStore staff and volunteers, monitor their performance, and provide coaching and support as required.
• You will conduct performance evaluations on ReStore staff (3 month, 6 month and annually).
• You will conduct coaching sessions for ReStore staff and volunteers.
• You will attend weekly management meetings and other meetings as required.
Inventory and Product Management:
• Working with the WAM and Executive Director, you will determine the market demand for new/surplus and gently used furniture, appliances, fixtures, home décor, and home building, repair, and renovation tools and materials based on targeted demographics and customer profiles.
• You will support the procurement strategy and helpimplement and manage processes for the acquisition of donations from corporate partners and the public.
• You will work with our National Office and National Warehouse to obtain stock of donated items (at the national level) to be sold in our ReStore.
• You will ensure proper policies, procedures, and systems are in place to obtain accurate data on store sales, merchandise levels, store traffic, traffic patters, sell-through percentages, etc. to help guide efforts to maximize revenue from the ReStore
• You will ensure items are properly merchandised and that the ReStore is kept well-organized to provide ease of shopping for our customers.
• You will market the ReStore using all available tools and media and within approved budgets.
• You will implement community outreach, partnership, and educational programs with a goal of increasing traffic in the ReStore and establishing new revenue streams for our retail operations.
• You will oversee ReStore social media communications to the public.
• You will oversee upgrades to retail operations and physical assets, including the entire Habitat for Humanity Prince Edward-Hastings building at 365 Bell Boulevard in Belleville (new signage, building repairs, painting, etc.)
• You have a firm understanding of inventory management &control and loss control systems and programs
• You have a firm understanding of POS and merchant payment systems
• You have a demonstrated ability to organize, schedule, assign, evaluate, and coach staff and volunteers.
• You are a team player and can achieve your operational goals with minimum supervision.
• You understand retail sales, sales targets, and can create and provide proper reporting on the financial performance of the ReStore (including P&L management)
• You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to ensure effective communication with customers, volunteers, staff, and potential donors
• You have excellent computer skills, are experienced using the Microsoft Office suite of products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and can use other web-based database and customer/client/donor tracking applications.
• Post–secondary education, with a preference to those who have completed programs with retail competency components
• Individuals with equivalent work experience in retail management will also be considered
• Regular lifting of items up to 60lbs.
• Physical effort of managing inventory within a retail sales environment
• Mental efforts of managing customer expectations in a polite and respectful manner always, irrespective of customer behavior
• Mental efforts required to adequately concentrate to complete administrative and reporting work required.
• Most time will be spent in a climate-controlled retail environment
• May occasionally be called on to assist with warehouse staff and donation drop-offs
• Up to 20% of working time may be spent meeting with potential donors of materials or other gifts-in-kind
• Some evening and weekend work required
• Ability to work Saturdays as required
• Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s licence.
• Access to a vehicle.
• Criminal background check is required