Berry Global (NYSE: BERY) is a $7.1B global manufacturer and marketer of plastic packaging products. Headquartered in Evansville Indiana, Berry operates over 129 global manufacturing facilities and employs over 23,000 individuals. At Berry Global, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. With our proven expertise in packaging and protection solutions, and our dedicated insights team that follows trends across a wide range of industries, we are uniquely positioned to serve a broad range of markets and customer needs. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. Here at Berry we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth and Safety. We encourage you to be a part of Berry Global, the company that is always advancing to protect what is important.
This position offers a complete benefit package of retirement, health, life, vision and dental insurance. Berry Global is committed to Employment Equity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, requiring the successful completion of a pre-employment medical and reference check.
Position Title: Quality Manager
Department: Technical Centre/Quality
Reports to: Plant Manager
· Analysis request workflow, documentation, interpretation and reporting (internal and external
· Maintain a clean and safe laboratory environment.
· Equipment maintenance, calibration, procurement and method development.
Keys Tasks & Responsibilities:
· Participates in Technical Centre management, including equipment and computer maintenance,
supply inventory and capital purchases
· Coordination of work flow, supporting requests submitted by manufacturing, product
development and quality (QMS’s work instructions)
· Maintain instrumentation according to the Calibration schedule in P11 of QMS
· Creation of customer CoC’s and CoA’s as required in accordance to P10 of QMS
· Maintain resin, maintenance and lab supply information (i.e. CoA’s, data sheets, specifications
· Conduct all job duties in accordance with the company’s published policies
· Familiarity with and adherence to our quality management system
· Internal auditor for ISO
· Other related duties as assigned
Skills and Attributes:
· Time management; highly motivated, self-directed work ethic
· Adaptive and proactive approach to daily occurrences
· Maintain accurate records
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Access, Excel, Word), Lotus Notes and statistical / SPC
· Scientific / analytical approach to problem solving and equipment use
· Working knowledge of laboratory management of information systems (LIMS) preferred
· Familiarity with or/and working knowledge in an ISO 9001:2015 registered company
· Knowledge of ASTM Standards
· Minimum: 3 year post-secondary diploma or degree in a related science or technical program
(materials, chemical or mechanical preferred)
· Exposure to a variety of testing equipment
· Exposure to ISO9001 QMS and to ASTM methods
Other duties as assigned. Ability to work as a team. Commitment to quality. Strong problem identification and problem solving skills. Accountable and dependable. Effective communications skills. Ability to regularly work near moving mechanical parts and in conditions that include heat and humidity. Ability to lift up to 35 lbs, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor.
Berry Global will make every effort to provide this document to any individual in a format that takes into account their disability as requested.
Job Type: Full-time