The Mood Disorders Society of Canada (MDSC) General Office Worker (Summer Intern) will be responsible for the following:
1. To assist with the provision of MDSC National Programs including the Defeat Depression national mental health campaigns (walks and runs across the country) and Elephant in the Room anti-stigma Campaign.
2. To assist the organization with day to day tasks and events as required.
3. To engage youth (University and High School) in developing a national youth advisory board on mental health issues facing youth.
4. To sport a national youth advisory board.
5. To assist in full implementation.
6. To provide encouragement and support for youth participation in MDSC’s various campaigns, events, and projects.
7. Website development and social media as required.
The individual best suited in this role will be one who is comfortable in working with youth and mental health. Post Secondary Students working with an interest in working in Education, Social work, and/or Psychology will be considered. Individuals should have excellent communication skills: written and presentation skills. MDSC is open to hiring in the field of technology or information and communication technology.
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
Hours per week: 30 hours
Hourly wage: $14.00
Duration: 15 weeks
Language required: English