The Bancroft Curling Club is looking for an Ice Technician starting in the fall of 2020.
We are a nonprofit club with four sheets and a member base of approximately 180 members. We anticipate running ten leagues between Monday and Friday for the upcoming season and have a little rock program on Sundays. We also anticipate running thirteen Bonspiels, generally on Saturdays with two scheduled for Fridays. Ice generally goes in around Oct 1st and comes out at the end of March.
The Ice Tech will have the support of volunteers and will report directly to the President and Vice President.
- Accountable to manage the startup and shutdown of the Ice Plant- with the assistance of Refrigeration Technician
- Preparation and cleaning of ice surface prior to startup of ice plant
- Order paint, tape and other necessary supplies for ice installation (limited to annual budgeted amount. All purchases other than those deemed as regular supplies must be approved by President/Vice President
- Coordinate Ice in and out with volunteers including ice painting, rings and signage installation and removal
- Maintain a detailed maintenance log, daily input of operating conditions and equipment status.
- Maintain equipment and tools
- Prepare and maintain ice surface to the highest possible standards during curling season
- Perform/oversee mid-season major ice maintenance during the Club curling break (Christmas Break)
- Accountable to plan, train and supervise ice assistants in the operation of scrape, clean, pebble/nip and recruit volunteer Ice Assistance as appropriate
- Prepare all designated areas and relevant equipment (curling stones, brooms, ect.) for curling season.
- Responsible for opening club ½ hour prior to all draws, events and Bonspiels
- Complete all tasks observing all safety rules
- All areas of the ice surface, surrounding walkways in the arena, the ice plant building and other storage areas determined as ice making facility must be kept in a safe, clean and orderly manner at all times. All equipment must be stored in designated storage areas when not in use.
- Prior Experience
- Work with minimal supervision
- Report to the Building Maintenance Member or directly with President/Vice President when needed.
- Good Communication skills with members, staff, and Executive
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Working knowledge of ice plant control system
- Police check required
Submit your resume to the attention of the President through our club email