COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
Information Technology Specialist
The County of Hastings is currently accepting applications for a Part-time Information Technology Specialist at the County Administration Building in Belleville, Ontario. The primary role of the IT Specialist is to focus on the IT related needs of end users to ensure that they can accomplish work related business tasks. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. The IT Specialist is the first level of support for all technology related problem tickets and requests.
· Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
· Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician or IT Supervisor as necessary.
· Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, actions taken, and test fixes through to final resolution and post-resolution evaluation and follow up.
· Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
· Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
· Install hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
· Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
· Develop and maintain help sheets and frequently asked questions for end users.
· User Creation and Management via Active Directory
· Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users, including any applicable end user training requirements.
· Report any identified risks immediately to the IT Supervisor.
· Install anti-virus software and ensure virus definitions are up-to-date.
· Maintain desktop printers, network printers, camera security systems and multifunction copiers. Escalate service requests to the appropriate vendor
· Reinforce SLAs to manage end-user expectations.
· Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
· Maintain and distribute mobile technology to end users and ensure devices are properly secured with MDM.
· Maintain the computer systems inventory asset management system.
· With supervisors’ approval, place orders to purchase technical equipment and retain records of invoices.
· Maintain and update the Company internet and intranet sites.
· May be required to work after normal hours to perform certain tasks.
· Carry out any other related duties required by the administration to ensure efficiency of the department.
· Other duties as may be required from time to time.
· 3 year College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or a minimum of 6 years equivalent work experience.
· Information Technology standard certifications preferred (i.e. MCSE, A+, Security+)
· Must remain current on changing technologies and be able to adapt to the technological demands of the position.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self-motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Must possess a current valid Driver’s License and have reliable transportation.
· Knowledge and working experience with the following Operating systems; Windows XP, 7,8,10.
· Thorough knowledge and experience with MS office suites.
HOURS OF WORK: Up to 21 hours per week
RATE OF PAY: $28.91 – $34.01/hour + 14% in lieu of benefits
Please send resume and cover letter by email to email@example.com
Quote: 2020-496-GG-152 in the subject line
Closing Date: Monday, July 6, 2020
Juliana Alvarez-Molina, H.BComm
Human Resources Advisor
Talent Management & Acquisition