Machine Operator 2
Reports to: Packaging Manager
Reporting to the Packaging Manager, this position operates Filling / Packaging equipment, as well as provides relief coverage in other areas of the plant.
· Operate Packaging Machines in the Packaging department
· Monitor and perform routine checks of systems to ensure lines are running smoothly.
· Interact with maintenance and supervisory staff regarding any production issues
· Complete documentation of GMPs, H&S and HACCP related items
· Daily input of production details into DAX
· Maintain accurate and detailed packaging records and perform line checks as required
· Cross-train to learn how to use equipment and machinery in various areas of the plant
· Provide relief coverage for other machine operators/plant helpers
· Food Safety & Quality responsibility as outlined in SOPs & other training materials provided and accurate record keeping
· Responsible for respective Critical Control Points as outlined in the facilities HACCP manual
· Monitor and maintain the Quality, Food Safety and SQF systems
· Attend prescribed courses/training
· Other duties as assigned by Management
· Working knowledge of GMPs and HACCP, including excellent sanitary habits is required
· Minimum 2 years of machine operating experience, preferably in a food or beverage environment
· Mechanical aptitude and trouble shooting ability
· Good communication/interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team
· Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task
· Physically capable of performing the demands of the job
· Must be punctual and diligent
· Computer skills and experience working with automated machinery
· Flexible to cover various shifts, vacation or illness relief as required
Extended exposure to noise, cold temperatures and dust. Exposure to sharp objects is frequent (knives). Continuous exposure to hazardous machines, moving objects (forklifts) and frequent interruptions. Occasional exposure to a congested workspace, odour, interruptions and chemical substances.
Standing for extended lengths of time, frequent walking and moderate climbing and crouching. Frequent lifting up to 12 kg for the Line Operator and 25 kg for the Cutter/Trim. Also frequent pushing, pulling, and reaching.