We are seeking an energetic, compassionate and reliable candidate to work at our retirement home.
You are required to carry out the following but may be asked to perform additional duties and or responsibilities:
· Assists and attends to residents’ special needs as required;
· Provides food preparation, dining room service, busing and dish washing services in accordance with established work routines;
· Provides personal laundry services for residents in accordance with established work routines;
· Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner;
· Operates and cleans equipment, furniture and cleans and maintains all resident areas as per work routines;
· Provides medications to residents according to the residence’s policies and procedures for medication administration;
· Performs other related duties as required.
The ideal candidates will possess:
· Previous work experience in providing laundry, food or personal care services;
· Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
· Post secondary education in related care fields [e.g. Personal Support Worker (PSW), Health Care Aide (HCA) or Developmental Services Worker (DSW) certification] is preferred;
· Ability to read and communicate effectively;
· Ability to use microsoft word and basic computer skills.
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions;
· Ambulate and safely transfer residents, carry out emergency plan
· Demonstrated empathy and understanding of the needs of seniors;
· Effective interpersonal relationship and conflict resolution skills;
· Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints;
· Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness;
· Must be able to operate related equipment.
· Must provide a police check including vulnerable persons screening, current CPR, TB screening.
Candidates must be able to work all shifts. This includes night shifts.