We have an immediate opening for a full-time Director of Guest Services and Program. The job entails leadership towards our commitment to renew | repair | rebuild the ministry by overseeing our commitment to “intentional hospitality” that meets guest service and program needs. The Director is to provide program development, leadership, direction, and oversight of the summer camp program, guest groups and associated Camp events. The director must create captivating high-quality camp experiences that are fun, safe, experiential and participatory holding to our mission and values.
Guest Services (35%) – Our non-summer guests are a key part of our mission providing year round ministry and revenue opportunities. Our vision is to create an experience that exceeds the expectations of our guests, developing a long term annually relationship. Our mission is to create an environment which nurtures and encourages relationships with God and others .Providing services to guests that are continually responsive to needs and anticipating expectations with professionalism, care and excellence. Our guest service includes an on call convenience for guest needs and emergencies. Program development and execution (25%) – The Director is tasked to oversee and develop the year round children, youth and family activities program for the camp. Develop program content and events that are suitable for experiential learning, participation, and faith development. Oversee the program department ensuring that camp programs run smoothly and effectively Building a team (20%) – Collaborate with the general director to recruit and train staff, volunteers and summer program staff ensuring required complement of skilled and certified staff are available for all programs taking place at the camp. Develop an onsite year of your life service team and internship program to develop young leaders and enhance the availability of mission staff. Outreach (20%) – Network and grow local ministry initiatives with a core focus on community youth programs and events. Network with the local church and ministry organizations to support community efforts of sharing the Gospel and growing our Lives Changed forever opportunities.
Location and Terms:
The position is a full-time, salaried, seven-day flexible work-week (scheduled off days based on operational demands) at Joy Bible Camp, Bancroft, Ontario.
Personal Development commitment: The candidate will need to achieve the following: Grow opportunities to network with local and likeminded missions. For a complete job description or more information about opportunities or to forward your resume,
please email email@example.com
Details about our mission, team and application:
STAFF MISSION MANDATE
Joy Bible Camp is a Christian Conference and Camping centre operated to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and support guests as they discover God’s grace and love leading to a “lives changed … Forever!” experience. We long for generations of people transformed forever, who cultivate in others a growing, authentic, contagious relationship with God, deepening their roots of faith through service and love. For 75 Years, God has been at work using JOY as a place where people encounter Him, are equipped for Him, and are empowered by Him to serve His kingdom.
INFORMATION ABOUT APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT AT JOY
At Joy Bible Camp, we seek a team committed to providing “intentional hospitality” to our guests and consistently exemplifying excellence in spiritual enrichment, quality of service, maintained facilities and overall experience. Joy Bible Camp seeks partners who see the organization as a ministry and understand its missional activities are expressed through conferencing and camping. All positions at Joy Bible Camp require flexibility, collaboration, teamwork, and occasionally working outside one’s job description. Joy, posts all have seasonal demands and an on-call component.
● Applicants must email their application materials (cover letter and resume) and include a statement articulating their faith perspective.
● A range of qualifications are evaluated, including distinguishing characteristics that demonstrate congruence with our identity.
● Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
● Accommodations are available on request for candidates participating in all aspects of the selection process.
● Joy Bible Camp is considered a Religious Organization under the provisions of the CRA, and as such, missionary employment with Joy Bible Camp is seen as following God’s unique invitation.
● Partners, and those aspiring to be partners, must be in agreement with standards of spiritual and personal suitability and are therefore required to sign a Statement of Affirmation annually.
● At Joy Bible Camp, we recognize a skilled candidate has an earning potential that exceeds the base allowance. At Joy Bible Camp, we encourage personal support salary fundraising up to 35% above the base salary offer. All donors will receive a tax receipt for contributions made. Our support will include providing stationery, advice and supplementary appeals. (Terms and conditions apply) The anticipated start date is ASAP. The job will be posted until filled. (applications will be reviewed upon submission).
For a complete job description or more information about opportunities or to forward your resume, please email firstname.lastname@example.org