1. Must possess a diploma or degree (or be enrolled) in one of the following diploma or degree programs:
Recreation and Leisure
Social Service Worker
Developmental Services Worker
Or other related field
2. A minimum of one year experience is preferred in the Activity/Life Enrichment/Recreation Department of a Long Term Care home with a working knowledge of responsive behaviour management.
3. Must have successfully completed the Food Handlers training program offered by the board of health for the public health unit and maintain certification as per requirement. Proof of certification and recertification must be provided to the Employer
4. Preference may be given to applicants who are in possession of a Class F license.
5. Ability to perform duties in accordance with the Long Term Care Homes Act and policies and procedures of the home.
6. Ability to work hours as scheduled.
7. Successful applicant must have the ability to fulfill the job expectations and responsibilities as set out in the Life Enrichment Aide job description
8. Must have genuine interest and ability to work with residents who may have one or a combination of physical limitations, behavioural problems, communicative problems and/or memory disturbances.
9. Must be flexible and accepting that duties may change from shift to shift depending on needs of the residents.
10. Must be able to be self-directed and creative in carrying out the activities and the provision of assistance to achieve the goals of the residents.
11. Must be able to work one to one with residents as well as work with and coordinate both small and larger group programs with residents.