We are looking for a professional cook to be a part of a social enterprise supporting a not-for-profit organization. The cook will provide the leadership and coaching to create a supportive learning environment that results in a high standard for work-habits, promotes a positive attitude and morale for trainers and participants alike, and that encourages peer support, teamwork, respect and pride in accomplishment. The cook/trainer will play a key role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and acquisition of goals.
Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to the cafe menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, sanitize and deliver food in a professional, efficient manner. Work will include operating a grill, oven, and fryer.
· Proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
· Familiar with industry’s best practices
· Culinary school diploma preferred
· Safe Food Handling Certificate
· First Aid and CPR Certificate
· Criminal record and vulnerable sector check is required