The job entails leadership towards our commitment to renew | repair | rebuild the ministry by overseeing our commitment to “intentional hospitality” through catering and food service that is consistent in quality and variety. The Foodservice Supervisor must have a desire to serve the Lord through serving others in hospitality. We seek a person who invests in volunteers and team members with the intent to cultivate a working environment that emphasizes each team member is valued and welcome.
Under the direction of the Foodservice Manager or in their absence the supervisor will oversee the catering and service operations while striving for excellence in the preparation and presentation of appealing, well balanced and nutritious meals for groups of 10 – 250 people. Food is to be served on schedule and at its peak. Specialized dietary needs and therapeutic diet are to be prepared and served providing guests with equitable quality alternatives and substitutes meeting their physical and psychological needs. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, exceptionally organized, and able to project plan and manage with a desire to learn and develop skills. The catering team must help provide a distraction free environment leading to a fruitful and carefree guest experience. The job is physically demanding and the supervisor will need to identify challenges, preempt risks and exercise skill at reorganizing work flow that encourages timely, safe food quality and prevent slow service lines and delays working towards continual improvement of this crucial guest service component.
Location and Terms:
The position is a full-time, salaried, seven-day flexible work-week (scheduled off days based on operational demands) at Joy Bible Camp, Bancroft, Ontario.
Personal Development commitment:
The candidate will need to achieve the following:
1.) Ontario Food Handlers Certificate within two weeks.
2.) Legislated compliance requirements that may arise.
For a complete job description or more information about opportunities or to forward your resume,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Joy Bible Camp, Box 1480, Bancroft, ON, K0L 1C0 | Phone: 613-332-3696 |www.joycamp.ca
Lives changed…forever, through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Details about our mission, team and application:
STAFF MISSION MANDATE
Joy Bible Camp is a Christian Conference and Camping centre operated to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and support guests as they discover God’s grace and love leading to a “lives changed … Forever!” experience. We long for generations of people transformed forever, who cultivate in others a growing, authentic, contagious relationship with God, deepening their roots of faith through service and love. For 75 Years, God has been at work using JOY as a place where people encounter Him, are equipped for Him, and are empowered by Him to serve His kingdom.
INFORMATION ABOUT APPLYING FOR EMPLOYMENT AT JOY
At Joy Bible Camp, we seek a team committed to providing “intentional hospitality” to our guests and consistently exemplifying excellence in spiritual enrichment, quality of service, maintained facilities and overall experience. Joy Bible Camp seeks partners who see the organization as a ministry and understand its missional activities are expressed through conferencing and camping. All positions at Joy Bible Camp require flexibility, collaboration, teamwork, and occasionally working outside one’s job description. Joy posts all have seasonal demands and an on-call component.
Steps & Timelines in the Selection Process:
● Applicants must email their application materials (cover letter and resume) and include a statement articulating their faith perspective.
● A range of qualifications are evaluated, including distinguishing characteristics that demonstrate congruence with our identity.
● Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
● Accommodations are available on request for candidates participating in all aspects of the selection process.
● Joy Bible Camp is considered a Religious Organization under the provisions of the CRA, and as such, missionary employment with Joy Bible Camp is seen as following God’s unique invitation.
● Partners, and those aspiring to be partners, must be in agreement with standards of spiritual and personal suitability and are therefore required to sign a Statement of Affirmation annually.
● At Joy Bible Camp, we recognize a skilled candidate has an earning potential that exceeds the base allowance. At Joy Bible Camp, we encourage personal support salary fundraising up to 35% above the base salary offer. All donors will receive a tax receipt for contributions made. Our support will include providing stationery, advice and supplementary appeals. (Terms and conditions apply)
The anticipated start date is ASAP. The job will be posted until filled. (applications will be reviewed upon submission). For a complete job description or more information about opportunities or to forward your resume, please email email@example.com