Seasonal Contract: June – August
Camp Eden Woods is situated on the beautiful Elephant lake which is located at the southern tip of Algonquin national park. You will be given a bedroom for the duration of your stay, as well as full access to all of our facilities. Since we are a waterfront property, you will have full access to activities such as, canoeing, beach volleyball, fishing, or simply relaxing on the dock during your free time, the choice is yours! There is no better place to cook and spend your summer than a kitchen that overlooks the beautiful Elephant lake throughout the day, and a place where you can relax by the campfire when the night is done.
Head Cook Responsibilities:
– Food Handlers certification or willingness to get certification before arriving on site.
– Is able to take full responsibility for executing the planned menu and deliver all meals with quality.
– Is able to have food ready and out by the scheduled time for each meal.
– Is able to take part in planning the menu throughout the summer with Kitchen Manager.
– It able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff when needed.
– Is able to keep kitchen clean and sanitized in compliance with Ontario’s Food Safety standards.
– Prior cooking experience (ideally 1-3 years or longer).
– Smart serve is an asset but not required.
Head Cook Skills:
– Great cooking skills
– Great time management skills.
– Great communication.
– Able to follow food safety regulations.
– Works neatly and is attentive.
– Is able to work in a fast pace environment.
– Is able to accommodate food restrictions such as vegetarian, kosher, and nut allergies.
– Works well under pressure.
– Ability to inspire others and help them grow in the kitchen.