We are a well-established construction company specializing in residential and commercial renovations as well as disaster relief and new builds. Our company continues to expand and we are seeking a lead carpenter to join our team.
Experience: 5 years
Work Location and Environment: Will vary and include industrial, institutional and residential locates, indoors and outdoors and may include at heights, in confined, noisy or dusty spaces. Candidates will be required to provide own transportation to and from local jobsites. Transportation will be provided for job locations outside of the region.
Qualifications, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have a complete working knowledge of residential and commercial construction.
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Clean and prepare a job site.
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites
- Clean and pile salvaged materials
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades,
- Mix, pour and spread materials
- Assist heavy equipment operators
- Level earth to fine grade specifications
- Assist with footings, framing and trusses.
- Assist with concrete finishing, and other specialized construction such as installation of drywall, flooring, windows, doors and trim.
- Safe operation, cleaning, and maintenance of hand tools, power tools and machinery
- Ability to work well with small/big crews
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job including working outside, lifting heavy materials and being on your feet most of the day.
- Must be able to follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Have a complete working knowledge of residential and commercial construction
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare cost estimates for clients
- Have experience working with blueprints, drawings, or verbal instructions from supervisors/clients
- Possess extensive knowledge of material planning and ordering
- Motivate and direct a crew of labourers and trades
- Have experience planning daily activities necessary to implement construction initiatives
- Be up-to-date with, and willing to follow and adhere to, building codes and safety procedures at all times
- Prove ability to record, prioritize, organize and follow through on all requests
- Possess exceptional time management, critical thinking, judgement and decision making skills