$3500 SIGN ON BONUS to all new nurses in the Brockville, Smith Falls, Kingston & Belleville, ON
Bayshore is looking for passionate and caring Registered Nurses to join our amazing team.
You will use your clinical skills to ensure that our clients receive the highest quality home health care, they need and deserve delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability, in the comfort and safety of their homes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Arrange and/or provide client/patient care by utilizing the skills of observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, counseling, and health teaching; report any unusual circumstances to the branch office or to the immediate supervisor.
• Develop and review nursing care plans that are client/patient-centered, goal-oriented and individualized to each client/patient and their family.
• Provide care according to the established care plan ensuring that, on an ongoing basis, the emotional, spiritual, physical comfort and safety of clients/patients are met to the greatest possible extent; care must be within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
• Perform routine nursing duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and Standards of Nursing Practice as defined by the provincial regulating body; perform specialized nursing procedures for which recognized training and current competency can be demonstrated.
• Observe and document client conditions according to Bayshore Home Health standards.
• Receive and transcribe physician’s orders.
• Provide direction, support, and delegation to Licensed/Registered Practical Nurses and paraprofessional employees (PSWs, HCAs, CHWs, etc.) as appropriate. • Understands and implements infection prevention and control practices.
• Seeks out and participates in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities to maintain full scope of practice and competence.
• Maintains current knowledge of best practices, provincial regulatory requirements, and scope of practice for a Registered Nurse.
• Identifies when the client care needs exceed the competency of the nurse and escalates accordingly. • Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
• Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company’s Quality Management System.
• Maintains privacy and confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
• Maintains relevant level of knowledge of ICH (International Conference on Harmonization), GCP (Good Clinical Practice) and Health Canada GVP (Good Pharmacovigilance Practices) guidelines appropriate to their hired role which is to be provided at time of hire and on an as needed basis. With this knowledge the employee will perform the work as required by their assigned function and will be provided with regular updates as required.
• Reports and documents Adverse Events as per Pharmacovigilance Requirements. • Complete other tasks as requested.
Education Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing and current registration with the provincial licensing body. The position also requires a solid knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of community nursing. Clinical certificates and post grad courses would be an asset.
Experience: new grads will be considered for hire on an individual basis, providing they meet all other hiring criteria and that a mentorship program is implemented and the new grad is closely supervised.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of professional and paraprofessional Field employees; interpret company policies; strong track record in health teaching; ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format; ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform and prioritize multiple functions and tasks; excellent decision making and prioritization skills; clinical certificates considered an asset; able to stand, bend, squat, kneel and reach freely; able to freely lift 23 kilograms; able to assist clients with standing, walking, sitting and rolling in bed; able to read and interpret technical instructions related to client care; able to visually and auditorily observe and assess clients; able to travel locally from assignment to assignment; evidence of current CPR certification; a valid driver’s license. For consideration specialty cases, nurses require corresponding specialty skills/competencies i.e. IV therapy certification