Alliance Youth Services Inc. specializes in the support and care for individuals with special needs. We strive to build the capacity and skills of individuals, families, caregivers and agencies to improve the quality of life for the individuals we serve. We provide a wide variety of services including Specialized Foster Care for children and adults, Staff Model Residences, Consultation for FASD or challenging behaviour, and FASD Training for agencies and caregivers.
We are a recognized leader in providing long-term care for individuals with FASD or that have had multiple failed placements. Our Management and Clinical Team, as well as Foster Parents and Support Staff receive comprehensive training and extensive support to ensure the children/youth and adults we serve have the highest standard of living possible and opportunities for long-term success. Our Specialized Foster Care and Staff Model Programs, as well as Psychological and Support Services are available to children, youth, adults, families and agencies across Ontario.
At Alliance Youth Services the health and welfare of all employees and their families is of great importance. AYS provides group health benefits to all Full-Time employees who work 40 hours weekly and to all Part-Time employees who have a contract for at least 24 hours weekly.
· Knowledge working with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or FASD
· Knowledge working with individuals with significant behaviour challenges
· Diploma or degree in a related field or relevant experience
· Organizational, decision-making skills
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Ability to function independently within the framework of a team
· Excellent written skills (ability to write legible, clear and concise reports)
· Transporting clients to and from recreational activities as well as appointments
· Demonstrate maturity and reliability at all times and be able to work under pressure
· Current and valid Class G driver’s license
· Must have a vehicle
· Must have automobile insurance
· Must be able to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check
· Must be able to obtain appropriate medical clearances
Part Time Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays 8am-4pm or 4pm-12am
Part Time overnights Saturdays and Sundays 12am-8am
Full Time Team Leader position Sunday to Thursday 8am-4pm
Wages start at 16.50/hr
Team Leader starts at 21.00/hr