With approximately 2,900 employees, JBS Food Canada ULC (“JBS Canada”) is one of Canada’s largest beef processors. Consisting of four locations—the main processing facility located in Brooks, Alberta, where approximately 4,200 head of cattle are harvested and processed daily; the Head Office and a case ready plant, both based in Calgary, Alberta; and JBS Ontario, a case ready plant located in Belleville, Ontario.
The JBS Canada facility in Brooks has the capacity to produce products ranging from boxed beef primals, ground beef, beef trimmings, beef by-products and hides which are shipped across Canada and worldwide.
At the multi-protein Mountain Creek Farms case-ready facility in Calgary, JBS Canada produces value-added products including marinated, portion sized, multi-pack options, kebabs and much more. JBS Ontario in Belleville produces fresh meat and seafood products for leading retailers in Canada.
At JBS Canada, our people are our greatest asset. We are very proud to have a team of high achieving, engaged employees.
We are currently seeking an Accountant to join our team at our facility in Belleville, ON.
This role will be located in Belleville, ON.
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts;
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures;
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures and ensure internal controls are strictly complied with;
- Create journal entries and participate in month end closing duties;
- Assist in daily/weekly management reporting;
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close processes;
- Prepare balance sheet account and bank reconciliations;
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures;
- Maintain inventory and billing customers;
- Review A/P and credit card transactions;
- Identify root causes of vendor/producer issues and related process improvements;
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities;
- Monitor and support taxation requirements;
- Prepare for financial audit and coordinate the audit process;
- Evaluate and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues;
- Collect and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems;
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data
- Improve efficiency and timeliness of data via process improvements
- Participate in testing and analysis of an accounting system change
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or CPA candidate preferred;
- At least 2-3 years pf experience;
- Experience with MS Excel is required and advanced knowledge (pivot tables, formulas like sumif, index, vlookup) is an advantage;
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and organized;
- Ability to work efficiently, independently or as part of a team;
- Exceptional communication skills with individuals at all levels, internal and external to the organization;
- Willingness to work flexible hours as needed;
- Takes ownership for individual areas of responsibility and accepts feedback on performance with the goal of achieving excellence
Exceptional Benefits include:
Competitive Wage | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Career Growth and Continued Training
240 Jamieson Bone Rd.
Apply to: www.jbsfoodcanada.ca/careers